Saturday, July 21, 2012
Starshine
A cat makes a house a home someone once said....And so far, after day 3 of having the elusive Starshine lurking about my wee house, a cat also makes a house a lot HAIRIER.
I had been toying with the idea of getting a pet for some time.
I'm alone and although I don't mind THAT so much, I felt having something to nurture besides my houseplants would be a bit of therapy for my soul, perhaps.
(although I hope the cat doesn't judge my ability to love and nurture based on the appearance and health of my houseplants...)
So after several weeks of searching, I found Star on Kijiji for FREE.
She is long-haired and black. I have a black davenport, so a black cat was a priority.
She is fixed and she is so pretty.
I have only been able to hold her briefly... we're still getting familiar with each other.
I admit that the best thing so far about having a cat is using the excuse that I'm talking to the cat now, when previously I was talking out loud to myself.
The term "Crazy-Cat-Lady" has it's roots in such motives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I want to meet your Star. And I've always kind of admired those crazy cat ladies... unconditional love and all of that.
Post a Comment